Welcome to Skillable Connect
Skillable API is compliant with the OpenAPI Initiative - a Linux Foundation Collaborative Project. We like the OpenAPI Specification (OAS) because it helps business users better communicate with developers, which results in aligned expectations, faster time to market, and happy partnerships. Our aim is to help you provide your customers the best experience possible in ways that enable us to provide the data you need to show results.
Skillable Connect now features "Try it" functionality, enabling you to directly launch API commands from within the documentation. All you need is your API Key. Learn more about how to obtain your key here.
Introduction to Skillable APIs
Skillable Connect APIs are structured around REST. Our APIs have predictable resource-oriented URLs, accepts form-encoded request bodies, returns JSON-encoded responses, and uses standard HTTP response codes, authentication, and verbs.
Skillable Connect : LAB Edition.
Skillable Studio, our core platform for creating, customizing, and managing labs – and delivering labs to your end users, is accessible by our (LAB) API. Additionally, this API enables access to the data reflecting each user’s activity and performance for each lab launched.
- Launching, saving or resuming a lab.
- Obtaining high-level and/or granular skilling data resulting from lab instances.
- Creating a class of labs and/or monitoring each lab instance.
Skillable Connect : TMS Edition.
Training Management System (TMS), our core platform for managing your users, scheduling training to consume content, is accessible by our (TMS) API. Additionally, this API enables access to the data reflecting each user’s activity and performance for each course launched or class attended.
- Creating, managing user accounts.
- Obtain detailed reporting for user activity.
- Search detailed information on all course data and obtain user feedback.
- Create, update, and manage class enrollments.
- Assign course assignments and be able to query on External user ID's.
- Course Subscriptions can be created and updated.
- User Surveys can be exported to obtain the detailed information.
- Create and update classes, assign instructors, obtain listing of classes by training key.
What is a RESTful API?
Application Programming Interface (API) – put simply, a set of rules that helps systems talk and expose/share data to one another across the Internet in a consistent way.
Representational State Transfer (REST) is a standard architectural pattern describing how distributed systems can expose a consistent interface. When people use the term REST API, they are generally referring to an API accessed using the HTTP protocol at a predefined set of URLs.
These URLs represent various resources — any information or content accessed at that location, which can be returned as JSON, HTML, audio files, or images. Often resources have one or more methods that can be performed on them over HTTP, like GET, POST, PUT, and DELETE. The action represented by the first and last of these is clear, but POST and PUT have specific meanings. How they are defined is confusing, but the general rule is: use POST to create resources and PUT to update resources.